Tuesday 7 January 2014

Questionnaire Analysis

Now I need to analyse my results from my questionnaire to get an understanding of peoples opinions, so I can alter my magazine to suit their personal interests and what they would like to see in a music magazine.

Here is one of the results that I received, I asked the question how old people were so I could see who had filled the questionnaire out. I thought I would make a chart to make it easier for myself when analysing my results. From the chart you can see that around 60% of the people that filled out my questionnaire were 16-17 year old's. Then around 20% of people were 18-19 years old, after looking through the questionnaires people had answered 90% of people are in higher education which is the age range which I would like to focus my magazine around.



I then looked at the gender of the people who had filled out my questionnaire.

 
Out of the 11 people that filled out the questionnaire 45% were male and 55% were female. I wanted to ask both genders so I could get two perspectives on what should be included in my magazine. As I am unsure on whether I want to make the magazine gender specific or appropriate for everyone.
 
 
 
Here I asked my audience what their favourite music genre was as I wanted to do some market research in to people's preferred music genre. You can see that pop is the most popular genre with it being around 30% it is then closely followed by rock and R&B at 25%
 
I think that I will do some more research into these genres as it is clear that my target audience prefers those types of music. Although country music got 20% of the vote I think I would like to create a magazine that a lot of people would be interested in, as country music is a very niche market.
 
 
 
I then wanted to find out whether my target audience of people between the ages of 16-19 year old's buy music magazines on a regular basis
 
Here you can see that 80% of people don't purchase music magazines which is very interesting as I now know that to make my magazine exciting and intriguing so that people will want to read it. This is a significant number of people who don't purchase music magazines so I will need to do some further research in to what people would like to see included in my magazine.
 
 
 
Finally I needed to get an idea on how much I would price my magazine at, below you can see the graph. Although once I had got people to complete my questionnaire I realised that I had overlapped the numbers which meant that the pricing of the magazines didn't seem reliable
 
 
The graph shows that over half of the people that answered the questionnaire would pay £2-£3 this seems to be a reasonable price to pay for the content of the magazine.With 20% of people happy to pay £4 or more I think that people will pay for a magazine that includes things that they like. So I now need to do some research into what people would like to find in a music magazine as I didnt ask this in my questionnaire.
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment