Tuesday 11 February 2014

Template ideas for my magazines

Here is a template of a front cover which I created. Here I am focusing on the layout of the page so that it attratcs the reader.




I would like the masthead to be in the centre of the page so that it automatically catches the readers attention. I think using a short quote from my interview could be a great device to use so that the reader can get an insight into what is being spoken about in the interview. The idea of having several images at the side of the page will show what else is going to be included in the magazine. I also would like to include a pug on my front cover to allow the reader to take part in something. I would like to include an image of the bands album cover, but I am uncertain where I should locate it on the page so that it doesn't look out of place.

Below is an image of a contents page template which I have drawn

 

 
You can see that I am sticking with the theme so that the text is on the left hand side making it flow easily. I will make sure the font is simple so that the readers can understand it all. I would like to include a picture of the main model next to the text and then add secondary images of the whole band together to show the promotion of the album.
 
Here is the double page spread template:
 
 
I am going to have the band name in the on the left of the page acting as the masthead, I will then have a quote from the interview underneath it. I will have the left hand page where the interview will take place and an image of the album. On the right hand page I am going to have some more text from the interview with some more secondary images. I would like the page to also be signed from Ava so that it seems more personal.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment