Friday 14 February 2014

Producing my masthead

Here is how I made my masthead for my magazine:

I searched for my masthead font on the website www.dafont.com

I used the font 'Major label' I feel like this font matches the genre of my magazine whilst also being easy to read. Here is the orginal font before I edited it:
 
 

 
I then used Adobe Photoshop to edit the image. First I used the magic wand tool to eliminate all of the white background from the writing so that it was only the text you could see


 This is where the magic wand tool highlights all of the background which is not needed, so that you can delete it and you will just be left with the writing.
 
Once I had done this I zoomed in on the 'A' so that I could fill it in red. I wanted to do this to my masthead to make it stand out when it was on my masthead.

 
This is my finished masthead which I created, I really like the fact that I contrasted the red and black colours as it made the masthead a lot bolder
 



 


No comments:

Post a Comment