Thursday 14 November 2013

Draft magazine front cover and contents page

For my preliminary task I had to create a front cover and contents page of a school magazine. After researching some past school magazines I had an idea on how I wanted to lay mine out and what colours and font style I wanted to use.

 Here you can see the front cover of my school magazine this is the draft so I will be making amendments to it. I decided to use the background picture of a group of students as it gives a more personal feel to the school, also I decided to use the picture of a tree as my logo so that it makes it still significant to Idsall school. I used a puff on my front cover to show what stories are going to be inside the newspaper this gives the reader an idea on what to expect when they start to read the newspaper which makes it more intriguing to read. They emphasise the main stories in the magazine so then the reader is interested on what it has to say.

The colours I have used are all green to link with the school uniform making the magazine tie in with the main colours that the school wears. This is great for students and parents when reading a magazine as it shows that the colour scheme has been thought through. I also included the school logo in the top left corner to make it seem more proffesional as it makes the magazine seem legitimate and that its focus is on Idsall school.



Here is my draft contents page, I decided to carry on with the colur scheme so it is all green and white. I wanted to include as many pictures as possible so that you could get an idea of what the school was like and how it differed from others. I carried on with using the logo so that it still seems professional and links back to the Idsall School, the news headlines only give the titles so that not much is given away still making it intriguing for the reader. After looking at the magazine I have found a few things which I would like to change for example the stories, the font size and the amount of images. I feel that the images are too overcrowding which takes the emphasis off of the stories which would be included in the magazine.










No comments:

Post a Comment