Friday 22 November 2013

Finished magazine front cover and contents page

After receiving some feedback from my peers regarding my school magazine they gave me a few pointers to help improve my magazine it was useful so that I could change the layout and structure of my magazine.

For my front cover I was told to make my masthead bigger and change the font colour as it seemed to blend in with the background of my magazine. After making these changes I have found that 'Idsall Weekly' looks a lot more prominent, I also enlarged the size of my logo so that it was clearer on the page and was emphasised a lot more. This will hopefully engage the reader into wanting to understand what the magazine would include.

When receiving more feedback I was told to move the puff further down the page so that everyone's faces in my background picture could be seen so that the eye contact from the models to the reader wasn't ruined in any way.







My contents page is where I made the most change one of the main things I amended was the amount of pictures I used. Previously I said that I wanted to include as many pictures as possible to give the reader an insight into the school, although I have now come to the decision that they looked to close together. So instead I used two large pictures which now makes the presentation of the contents page look a lot more proffesional. I also added a box behind the contents page so that it made the masthead stand out, this has made the page look more professional. I enlarged the logo in the top left corner so that we still understood that it was a school magazine, I am happy with the changes I have made to my contents page as it looks less crowded and more focus is on the stories.



No comments:

Post a Comment