Tuesday 24 September 2013

Codes and conventions in a school magazine

Analysis of a school magazine:      







I wanted to analyse a previous Idsall Voice which is a termly magazine which shows the events that have been taking place around the school. I used this to get some ideas on how I would like to set out my magazine.

 One of the first things that is very striking is the masthead. The font is bold which presents to the audience formality and structure which I have found school magazines have to have so they remain professional. The colour scheme also links in well with the school uniform colours which keeps the article on topic and relevant to the school and it makes the reader understand what the article is going to be based on.

The front cover of the product is full of text which is unwelcoming to the reader especially as our main target market is the students. I had the idea that for my front cover I would like to use minimal text and use 'puff' to intrigue the reader into wanting to know more about the article. The short headlines will give the reader enough insight into what the magazine will contain without it being overwhelming.

For my magazine I would like to include pictures which show the school environment and the students which make up the school, this gives the magazine a more personal feel as the Idsall voice only includes a picture of the headmaster on the page. This gives the impression that it is a more formal text which is what I want to avoid when making my front cover.





No comments:

Post a Comment